Some of you may have gotten a CR48 when Google had their initial Chromebook program, and it may have gotten boring staying on ChromeOS this whole time. Now you can install Android 4.0 ICS on it! All hardware is functional, except for the function keys up top (at one point I rotated the screen somehow, I’m still trying to figure out how). I can not guarantee that Verizon data will work, I do not have the plan. If you have any experience installing Linux, this will not be too much of a challenge for you.
Protip: Use a Gparted USB to partition your drive before installing from the Android USB
I, nor the Droidaphile team are responsible if you end up ripping your Chromebook apart, and setting it on fire, or any other damage.
If you already have a replaced BIOS, you may skip to part B.
A. 1. Create a backup of your current system and flash BIOS. Directions: http://cr-48.wikispaces.com/Flash+BIOS
B. 1. Download unetbootin to create a bootable USB for Android: http://unetbootin.sourceforge.net/
2. Download the iso for Android. File name: android-x86-4.0-RC1-eeepc.iso Link: http://www.android-x86.org/download
3. Create a bootable USB with unetbootin with the iso you downloaded.
4. (Yes, I realize it is technically for an eeepc, but that does not matter)
5. Power off your CR48 and put in the USB.
6. Turn it on, and right away press F10, or the volume up key to go to the boot chooser.
7. Choose the name of your USB, and hit enter.
8. Choose install, and go through the guided install.
9. You will want to choose an sda partition, if you partitioned with gparted it will probably be sda1, if you want to create one here, do so.
10. After doing that, you will probably want a virtual SD card, I chose the default size, you may choose to put in you want.
11. You’ll also want to install GRUB bootloader, if you want to boot.
12. From here you should be good, reboot, take out your USB, set up wifi, and go bother all your friends for apk files that aren’t compatible.
If you have any questions, contact me on my Google+ account ( https://plus.google.com/?fd=1#116972407892019099522/posts) just comment here.